Half day Puszta tour and Gödöllő
Duration: 4-6 hours
Discover all the most important sights in small town of about 30 km (20 mi) northeast from the outskirts of Budapest.
Description of the program:
Meet your local guide in the lobby of your hotel then experience a half day excursion in the North-Easterm part of Hungary. Guests can see Gödöllő which is home to the Szent István University, the main education institute of agriculture in Hungary. The palace at Gödöllő which was the place where Franz Josef, Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary and his wife Elisabeth (“Sisi”) had their summer residence here. Outdoor visit of the Basilica with the pilgrimage site. The destination of the tour is the Lázárs’ Equestrian Park where guests can have a glance into life of the Hungarian country side with the spectacular horse man show.
Many sights and phot spots
1. The Royal Palace of Gödöllő
A favorite destination of Queen Elisabeth of Hungary was the Royal Palace of Gödöllő which had been constructed in the 18th century. The Palace was once the favorite country retreat of Queen Elisabeth and Franz Josef.
2. World Peace Gong
This is definitely one of the more unique things to see in Gödöllő. The World Peace Gong, a symbol of world peace, was created in Indonesia. It was given to Gödöllő as a gift and is still rung for special occasions
3. Royal Waiting Hall
As the name suggests, the Royal Waiting Hall was the place where guests of the royal family (and the royal family themselves) used to wait in the olden days when traveling to and from the palace.
4. University of Gödöllő
The Basilica and the Capuchin Monastery. The baroque church with the two altars and the Virgin Mary Statues of the 12th century is one of the unique places of the Hungarain Roman Catholic Church.
5. Basilica and the Capuchin Monastery
The University of Gödöllő is very scenic. The campus is lovely and the buildings are interesting in their own right.
6. Lazar Equestrian Park
The Lazar Equestrian Park is a resort nestled among the Godollo Hills. It’s a striking place that offers a rich program of events. You can enjoy horse shows, medieval performances. Park of the Lázár brothers, winners of many carriage driving championships.
On arrival at the park guests are welcomed with fresh scones topped with crackling or cheese and seeds, fruit brandy („pálinka”) and mineral water.
- On arrival at the park guests are welcomed with cheese-scones and fruit brandy
- Four-in-hand driving, pony carriage driving, horsemen
- Display of nomad warrior archery – archery on horseback, throwing a spear
- Skills of the horsemen – making the horse lie down, cracking the whip, competition between the horsemen
- Fun competition involving the guests: knocking a bottle with the whip
- Cart pulled by four oxen
- Humorous show with trained donkey
- ‘Queen Elisabeth’s equestrian show in contemporary costume, riding in a side-saddle with hussars
- At the end of the program the guests are invited to take part in a pleasant coach trip through the woods as well as visit the Lázár Equestrian Park.
- Visit of the World Champion’s Hall, where guest can admire the Lazar family’s golden medals and winning carriages
- walk through the farmyard where traditional Hungarian breed animals greet the guests.
- Visiting the stables of 70 horses
After finishing the show guests can enjoy the varieties of the Hungarian kitchen with gipsy music.